Outdoor living experts at Rolling Stone Landscapes in Sydney designed and built this masterpiece Rolling Stone Landscapes.
Modern bath tub design on marble floors
If you are building a new home, you will be aware of the many choices you need to make regarding building materials and home design both inside and externally. One of the major considerations is the roof and roofing materials. There are several choices for roofing materials, from various types of tiles through to Colorbond roofing, which is made from steel and has the coloured finish baked on.
The actual design of the roof can make a great deal of difference to the look of the house, but sometimes you are limited by the capabilities of the material you build with. For instance, generally speaking tiles cannot be used on a flat roof – at least not without a lot of waterproofing underneath, because rainwater would run under the joins and leak into the ceiling cavity. This does not happen with steel sheeting.
Colorbond steel roofing can enhance your home design in several ways: –
- Colorbond comes in 23 colours, most of which are suitable for the roof. There are light colours and darker colours that all reflect the natural environment of Australia. You will find a greater variety of colours in Colorbond than in any other kind of roofing material; creams, greys, greens, blues, ochre tones and even deep red and black.
- The special way the colour is baked into the surface of the steel increases its insulation properties, giving you a home that is cool in the summer while still being warmer in the winter. While this aspect is not a visible home design enhancement, it certainly makes a difference to the comfort of the residents.
Landscape designers Phase3 built this great swimming pool and backyard for their happy clients.
Sydney Photography Website for Danny Kildare Photography
Landscape garden design by landscaper Phase 3
Classic bathroom design featuring louvered windows and marble floors with timber insert borders
When people first started working from home their home office was usually a spot on the end of the dining room table. Or if they had a laptop, maybe it was on the most comfy seat in the living room. However, the home office has now evolved to become a dedicated space more suited to the user’s needs. Where you put your home office will depend a lot on your lifestyle and stage of life as well as on what you use the office for.
If you have children at home that need to be supervised, your home office will need to be somewhere in the home from whence you can see them and tend to their needs, rather than a room you can go into and shut the door. A corner of the family room would be a good place. Here you can set up your desk and have some kind of storage. You may also want a box of toys to distract the children with so you can get on with what you are doing.
If your children are at the stage where they can amuse themselves or are going to school, you can still have your home office in the corner of the living room as there will be no distractions through the day. However, if you have a spare room you might consider converting it to a real office space, especially if you need to use it a lot. You can have a space that is all your own and be sure that there will be no disturbances.
Interior of the modern bathroom
Do you think a pool adds beauty to a house? Does it increase the market value of your property? Investing in a pool is good for leisure; however its preference varies from country to country depending on the weather condition and lots of different factors. Let’s find out how a pool can prove to be beneficial for your upscale house.
Market Value: Up or Down?
Although there is an ongoing debate regarding pools adding value to the house; in upscale areas, pools are considered to be a necessity. The National Association of Realtors has published a study which shows the rise in home market value from 8% to 15% after the installation of swimming pools. Regionally, the Southeastern side depicts a growth range from 5% to 10%; whereas the Southwest region increment is from 8% to 13%.
It is better to install pools on big properties in rich neighborhoods as this investment will pay back in the end when you will put your property up for sale, because the buyer will want luxury in everything.
People who live in a warmer climate benefit the most from the addition of pool. The size of the pool should also be according to your property. If your property is not of much worth, installing a pool won’t be a rational investment at the end of the day. So if your backyard is big enough, you can add a garden or play area to double the fun and value.
4 Difficulties You May Encounter When Moving Interstate
Moving interstate is somewhat different from moving across town and not only because of the extra distance, although that is certainly a factor. The longer a truck is on the road, the more likely it is that misadventure will affect it in some way. There can be bad weather, heavy traffic, accidents and breakdowns that are all likely to cause delay in arriving at the destination. It is essential to take this into account when planning times and dates.
- Keep in contact
It is also essential to give your professional removalists several ways to contact you in case of emergencies or hold-ups. Otherwise you could be waiting at your new house wondering when your furniture will ever arrive. Your mobile phone, phone numbers of friends or family who can contact you and even an email address will all be very helpful for the removalists to stay in contact for whatever reason. And don’t forget to keep that mobile phone charged up and on at all times until you and your furniture are all reunited in your new home.
Installing a swimming pool in the backyard is an added responsibility even though it brings a great deal of pleasure. Cleaning the pool can take a lot of time and effort, unless you purchase one of the robotic pool cleaners that are available. A pool cleaner will take the burden of work off you, but are they environmentally friendly?
The answer is yes, and here’s why.
- Pool cleaners have a very low voltage, so they don’t take up as much power as you might think, even if they are going for several hours. Some only cost 15 cents to clean the pool.
- Using an automatic device to clean your pool on a regular basis will reduce the amount of chemicals needed to ensure the correct ph of the water. Less chemicals is always a good thing.
- Cleaners remove algae, leaves, sticks and other debris that falls or blows into your pool, making the pool water cleaner and more fit for swimming in, so that is being eco friendly too.
- Being electric, they don’t have any dirty emissions from the motor, so can’t pollute the air.
- Some newer types of cleaners can be powered by the pool pump and are very quiet.
There are a lot of different cleaners on the market so it is important to do some research to ensure you get one that is suitable for the pool you have. Another consideration that many people forget about is the weight of the cleaner. You have to lift the cleaner in and out of the pool.
Security fencing is often chosen by homeowners to ensure their homes are secure from harm and their lifestyle safe from intruders. It gives you peace of mind that no unpleasant things will happen and that your possessions are safe. However, if you have a nice property with attractive grounds the last thing you want is an ugly fence to spoil the look of it and to spoil your view, so what can you do? Choosing a fence design to suit the grounds and the home is a good start.
Choose the Style and Colour
While the options may be limited, there are still some. The main choice is between a chain link or mesh fence and one with steel posts and rails. The latter gives a higher level of security and can be powder-coated so there is some choice of colour. Choose the colour to blend with your grounds and landscaping. For instance, if there are a lot of trees with dark coloured trunks on your property, a dark brown fence would blend in with them well. If your grounds are more cleared with lots of lawn, green would be more suitable.
Many people try to save on costs when moving into a new home or office by asking friends to help them move, or by hiring a truck, or asking someone who owns one to help them out for a small reward such as a 6-pack. You may think these options could save you money in the short term, but they are likely to cost more in the long run. How?
- You cannot really trust anyone other than professional removalists like Removalists Perth to get it right. For starters, they are not likely to know how to pack your goods into their truck in a way that will stop them from moving. Scrapes and dents on your favourite pieces of furniture are likely and fragile treasures may get broken beyond repair.
- A non-removalist will not have the right insurance, so if anything gets broken you will have to pay the cost of repair or replacement yourself. And what happens if they are involved in an accident enroute to your new home? Most of your furniture will end up broken and you will have to pay for that, too. You may also have to pay for medical costs or truck repairs.
- If they are doing a freebie for you and suddenly a paying job shows up, they may ‘forget’ your deal and leave you without a truck at the last minute. It is almost impossible to hire a professional removalist at short notice, so your moving day and organisation will be thrown into disarray.
- A friend won’t be able to supply the correct packing boxes or offer extra services such as wrapping, carpet cleaning and packing like most professional removalists do.
For many years the only carpet cleaning products available were toxic chemicals. That was before people realised just how bad they were for the environment, not to mention the people who worked with them. It took longer for anyone to realise that such chemicals were also bad for those who used the room afterwards.
Unlike eco friendly carpet cleaning products, the fumes from chemical cleaners caused breathing problems, skin rashes and allergies. The ingredients in some chemicals are also known as carcinogenic, which means they are linked to causing cancer in some way. This in itself is a good reason to choose a professional carpet cleaner who uses environmentally friendly products to clean your carpet.
In the workplace it is important that staff can work in a room as soon as possible after it has been cleaned. If toxic fumes are rising from the cleaning products, their safety will be compromised and they will find it difficult to concentrate on their work. They could feel sick or even have problems breathing. Besides, no one wants to stay in a room that smells awful.
Whether you are deciding on the interior design of a new home or redesigning an existing one, the bedroom tends to be the room that gets pushed to the back of the queue. It is understandable given that the living room is the main room of the house and others like the bathroom and kitchen generally require a fair degree of remodelling.
Nevertheless, if you are in design mode remember that the bedroom is where you are likely to spend a third of your time when you are at home, so its design warrants some careful thought.
The first consideration is whether you share your bedroom with someone else such as a spouse or partner. If you do, then before you even so much as pick a pillowcase, you need to discuss the design with them. Now it could be they are happy to sit back and tell you that they’re willing to let you choose everything, and at first, this may seem a perfect scenario. However, you can bet your bottom dollar there will be something that you pick that they won’t approve of.