The most important room in your house is the kitchen. For that reason, the Feng Shui perspective needs to be honoured. Preparation of food to provide nourishment and a healthy and balanced life for the occupants of the home happens in the kitchen. While mixing Moses and the Old Testament with Feng Shui may seem out of balance, follow the ten commandments of kitchen design set up to ensure you have harmonious and positive energy flow.
The Light in your Kitchen
If you have a light and airy kitchen, then people will want to linger there as they find it a happy place to be. Fact is that the longer the time spent in the kitchen, the more careful we are with how we prepare and cook the meals.
Don’t make your kitchen an obstacle course
You want energy and flow in and around your modern kitchen, so make sure there are no obstacles. Kitchens usually have that square design with cupboards and sink and appliances making it a sharp room with angles that do not promote positive chi. Therefore, it’s not a good idea to create more obstacles by placing tables, island units, and block benches in the middle of the kitchen floor.
Kitchen design by Perth based kitchen Professionals Kitchens Perth
Not all kitchens are user friendly, especially those older ones that were designed before new innovations had been thought of. Today there are many ways that are very cost effective to ensure your kitchen is easy to use. If you are designing a home or plan to renovate the kitchen, it is easier still to add components that make working in the kitchen much more pleasant.
Counter space is an important part of kitchen design. If you don’t have enough space to prepare dishes you will always find the kitchen difficult to use. With a kitchen that is already built, additional counter space can be added in several ways.
- Install an island or butcher’s block in the centre or side
- Purchase a special tray designed to go over the sink
- Add a fold out table at one end of the counters that are there
- Find a spot to have a small table
- Clear stuff off the space you already have to make the most of it
Appliances are often simply left on the counter top, taking up valuable space that could otherwise be used for food preparation. Storing them in cupboards or adding a shelf above the counter for them will free up space on your counter.
There are many ways to change your utilitarian kitchen to one that is modern, distinct and a pleasure to spend time in. While an old trend was to eat out or buy fast food, these days’ people have become more conscious of their health and realise that good food cooked properly is not only tasty, but very healthy for us.
Children especially need healthy food if they are to grow up strong and healthy. The old adage ‘you are what you eat’ still holds true and when you employ highly experienced cabinet makers for a modern kitchen, it will help you to prepare food that makes your family healthy and energetic.
Here are 4 great ideas you may be able to incorporate in your kitchen to make it more modern and easier to work in.
- The butler’s kitchen – If you are designing your home or renovating the kitchen you may be able to incorporate this idea. Basically, it is to have a workspace for food preparation off the kitchen so all the messy part of cooking is not so noticeable. This space can also contain the washing machine and dryer, but it should major on counter space and storage. The main part of the kitchen will contain the stove, dishwasher and sink along with a breakfast bar and stools. It will lead into the dining area.
Modern kitchen renovation design