Everyone who decides to include a website for their business will want it to look professional. The trouble is they may not know exactly how to accomplish this. The very best way is to hire a professional digital marketing agency to do it for you, and you can look over their shoulder as it were, to make sure they include these 5 ways to make your web design look professional.
- Clean and free of clutter is the watchword. No one wants to try and navigate through a forest where the trees are so close together they have to walk sideways. Neither do they want to work out where to go and how to get there on a website that is so cluttered they can’t see anything. A clear and clean page will make your visitor happy because they can see what they want straight away.
- Research other websites and see what you like about them and if it works well when you try to navigate through to other pages. If you truly love some feature ask your designer if it can be incorporated into your website. In fact, copy down the URL so your designer can see for himself what you mean.
- Make sure your important content is in the place where most eyes go to first. That is, top and left. We are trained to read from top to bottom and right to left. Somehow that means most eyes slide to the top left side first. This is where your sign-up forms and other important information for the visitor should go. Visual hierarchy dictates that important stuff should be bigger and brighter than less important details.
- Text needs to be easy to read. This should be one of the most obvious points of all, yet how many times do you have to squint to read tiny print that looks like it is fading away on a website. Your visitors eyes are important, don’t make them get eyestrain by using fancy fonts that make words hard to read. Tiny or fancy fonts, small sizes, too many different fonts, pale colours that don’t stand out on the background are all signs of an amateur, not a professional.
- Make sure your website is responsive. That is, it can easily be seen on the tiny screen of an iPhone or tablet. So many people these days connect to the Internet with small devices that if your website does not show up well on them you will miss out on a lot of traffic and potential customers.
Once you can see that your digital agency knows the best ways to design a professional business website, you will have peace of mind that the website they make for you will do all that you expect of it.