This beautiful garden design features stone steps with a canopy of trees with beautiful colouring. Garden Landscaping
The dilemma facing most stylists, landscape architects, interior designers as well as interior decorators is what kind of finishing to suggest. This dilemma of old is solved with the current industry which in fact has diversified the incontestable limestone products in the perfect choice of material for luxury yet still covering affordability. Stone products can be seen in villas at www.luxury-villas-bali.net – on floors and especially used as stone wall cladding.
Limestone finishing could be in a variety of products:
- Limestone tiles.
- Polished limestone surface finishing.
- Honed limestone surface finishing.
- Brushed limestone surface finish.
- Antique surface finish.
- Bush-hammered surface finish.
Limestone tiles used as stone cladding are in a wide variety of shades to fit the customer’s specific taste. The wide variety of limestone tiles give you a sense of nature indoors. From the earthen shades of brown to lighter grey-white shades of shell, to cream-yellow shades which give a touch of yellow sand. All these to be enjoyed out of the limestone tile-finishing.
Exquisite bathroom design by Perth base cabinetry company Colray Cabinets
Have you even thought of installing an elevator in your home? Having a home lift will make life much more convenient and pleasant for you, with access to the top floors just a step away. It is not only the frail elderly that need a lift in their home. Stairs take a great deal of energy to use and are actually quite dangerous, especially if you are carrying goods – or the baby.
Lifts these days have undergone a transformation; they don’t all look like a square box in the wall and they are certainly not something the home handyman should attempt to install. In fact, you can even get an octagonal or tubular lift for your home, depending on your needs.
However the main difference in lifts is the way they work.
Cable Winding Drum
This is one of the most affordable home elevators to install; unfortunately, the ongoing costs are fairly high because cables eventually stretch and wear, so have to be replaced. This can happen every 2/3 years, so you may not save as much as you thought. Another downside is that it does not give a smooth ride. You may not mind feeling the tremors; many people don’t. However, if you are not expecting it, you may think something is wrong with the lift. It is also fairly noisy, which could be a problem. Read more here
There are many ways to change your utilitarian kitchen to one that is modern, distinct and a pleasure to spend time in. While an old trend was to eat out or buy fast food, these days’ people have become more conscious of their health and realise that good food cooked properly is not only tasty, but very healthy for us.
Children especially need healthy food if they are to grow up strong and healthy. The old adage ‘you are what you eat’ still holds true and when you employ highly experienced cabinet makers for a modern kitchen, it will help you to prepare food that makes your family healthy and energetic.
Here are 4 great ideas you may be able to incorporate in your kitchen to make it more modern and easier to work in.
- The butler’s kitchen – If you are designing your home or renovating the kitchen you may be able to incorporate this idea. Basically, it is to have a workspace for food preparation off the kitchen so all the messy part of cooking is not so noticeable. This space can also contain the washing machine and dryer, but it should major on counter space and storage. The main part of the kitchen will contain the stove, dishwasher and sink along with a breakfast bar and stools. It will lead into the dining area.
Most people are interested in ways to save money. If you are planning a new home, now is the time to start thinking along these lines as the design is an important factor in the costs of running the home.
If you intend to stay in your home for many years you really don’t want to choose design elements that are going to always be expensive. It is simpler than you may think to ensure you include cost-saving elements at the design stage, but many of the simpler ones can also be added after the home is built, so don’t feel dismayed if you are already in your home.
Here are 5 ways to save money with your home design.
- Consider the climate. In a warm climate, large windows installed on opposite side of the home will enable cooling breezes to flow through. This means the air conditioner will not be needed so often. Find out which direction the prevailing breeze usually comes from and go from there. In cooler/cold climates, smaller windows may be better- or you could have double glazing. Larger windows on the sunny side of the home can often bring in natural warmth. They also increase natural light so you will not need to have lights on during the day.
- Room placement. This is not always possible, but if you can have the living rooms on the sunny side of the home you will find life more pleasant and the need for heating/lighting reduced. Some floor plans can be reversed to facilitate this.
The upsurge of modern technology means that it is now possible for many more people than ever before to work from home. But to do so they need some kind of office space, thus the home office has evolved from a spot on the end of the table or sofa to a dedicated space. One major contribution to a change in home office space is the laptop or tablet.
Many people who work from home do not need to have a large computer desk with room for a tower. A sleek table where they can use their laptop is sufficient and looks much nicer. All that is needed in addition to the table and chair are a few shelves for storage. This can also be minimalist due to the ability of the laptop to store more information than ever before. In fact, cloud storage solutions are even better as they are safe from physical harm such as fires or vandals and available whenever you need them. So the home office continues to evolve, but what you actually need in your personal office space will depend on how much work you need to do on your computer.
People who sit for hours typing away on the computer may feel that a larger screen and keyboard is essential. Even a roll-out keyboard still leaves you looking at a smaller screen. A larger screen will save your eyes from strain and a full size keyboard may help prevent RSI and even shoulder and arm strain. People with wide shoulders find it difficult to force their hands to stay close together for long hours on the keyboard. They would benefit from a split keyboard so they can spread out a bit.
That said, the home office has evolved and is still evolving into a personal space that will suit your needs and workload. Here are three modern trends seen in the home office.
The word from interior designers who see a lot of different restaurant designs come and go over the years is that those dark – and somewhat morbid – colour schemes known as industrial chic are going out in favour of the light and bright. Who wants to sit in a dark cave to eat anyway? Here are 8 more hot trends in restaurant design that will delight and inspire you.
- Let there be light. Lighting that does its job is more in favour these days. It is brighter while still giving an intimate feel to the setting.
- Adding to the light and bright look are the pastel colours that have now gained favour for restaurant design and decor. These offer a light and airy feel that everyone enjoys.
- Sustainability can be seen in every area of the latest interior designs for restaurant, from the use of natural materials for the furnishings, walls, ceilings and furniture. Marble, stone and timber elements are incorporated into decorative elements as well as the essentials such as floor and walls.
- Handmade artisan tiles from the local area are now emerging from the amenities rooms to decorate splash backs on bars and perform new work as table and bench tops.
Dave Carson is best known for his innovative magazine design, and use of experimental typography. Dave Carson
Great website design examples by Slinky Web Design.
Beautiful house design can depend largely on the type of products specified by the architect or designer. This is very much the case when it comes to windows and doors.
Landscape construction guru’s at Rolling Stone in Sydney designed and built this Luxury Pool Design.
Outdoor living experts at Rolling Stone Landscapes in Sydney designed and built this masterpiece Rolling Stone Landscapes.
Modern bath tub design on marble floors
If you are building a new home, you will be aware of the many choices you need to make regarding building materials and home design both inside and externally. One of the major considerations is the roof and roofing materials. There are several choices for roofing materials, from various types of tiles through to Colorbond roofing, which is made from steel and has the coloured finish baked on.
The actual design of the roof can make a great deal of difference to the look of the house, but sometimes you are limited by the capabilities of the material you build with. For instance, generally speaking tiles cannot be used on a flat roof – at least not without a lot of waterproofing underneath, because rainwater would run under the joins and leak into the ceiling cavity. This does not happen with steel sheeting.
Colorbond steel roofing can enhance your home design in several ways: –
- Colorbond comes in 23 colours, most of which are suitable for the roof. There are light colours and darker colours that all reflect the natural environment of Australia. You will find a greater variety of colours in Colorbond than in any other kind of roofing material; creams, greys, greens, blues, ochre tones and even deep red and black.
- The special way the colour is baked into the surface of the steel increases its insulation properties, giving you a home that is cool in the summer while still being warmer in the winter. While this aspect is not a visible home design enhancement, it certainly makes a difference to the comfort of the residents.